Currently working with Artemis Hospital as Director – Pediatric Cardiology
A. Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre, New Delhi
Profile: Senior Consultant Pediatric Cardiology
B. Max Heart and Vascular Institute, New Delhi, INDIA (2005 – 2015)
Present Profile: Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist
Max Heart and Vascular Institute is a tertiary cardiac hospital in New Delhi which gets referrals from all over India and international patients from Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Mauritius, US, Canada, Africa and Carribean Islands. The team includes Pediatric cardiologists, Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon and Pediatric Cardiac Intensivist. There are four trainees with pediatric background.
C. Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre – Delhi (2001-2004)
Consultant Pediatric Cardiologist ( 2003-2004)
Fellow Pediatric Cardiology ( 2001-2003)
Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre is one of the major tertiary heart centres in South East Asia. This Hospital serves as a referral centre to a large population of India and adjoining Countries. Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Heart diseases was started in 1995- 1996 at Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre.
D. RANBAXY Laboratories Ltd. – Gurgaon (1999-2000)
Clinical Research Physician - Medical Affairs and Clinical Research (June 1999 to February 2001)
Extensive Knowledge about Clinical Research Methodology , Study Designs etc
Designing Protocols and CRF for clinical trials (Phase I-III) involving New Chemical Entity and New Drug Delivery System products following ICH/GCP Guidelines.
Designing investigator brochure for clinical trials according to ICH/GCP Guidelines.
Interacting with clinical data management & biostatistician for purpose of data analysis and preparing study reports.
E. UCMS & GTB Hospital - Delhi
Senior Resident - Department of Paediatrics (May 1998 to May 1999)
PG Student - Department of Paediatrics (May 1995 to April 1998)
GTB Hospital attached to University College of Medical Sciences, is one of the major hospitals in Delhi.
I have worked in Neonatal Intensive care unit, Post-natal ward, Neonatal High risk Clinic, Well Baby Clinics and Labour room during my Post-graduation and Senior residency.
He has attended many workshops on Neonatal Resuscitation and also trained medical students, nurses and paramedical staff on various aspects of neonatal resuscitation
Research work (Thesis) for MD in Pediatrics was on "Brainstem auditory evoked potentials in intrauterine growth retarded neonates born to undernourished mothers."
He has won the third prize at a Neonatology Quiz organized by National Neonatology Forum.
He has also contributed a few Chapters to a recently published textbook on ‘Pediatrics & Neonatology’ by Professor Dr K.N.Agarwal
He has worked in immunization clinics, immunization camps, OPD wards, emergencies, NICU and special clinics during my residency. I was actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, in-house presentations, seminars, symposia and research
F. GB Pant Hospital - Delhi
Junior Resident - Department of Cardiology (April 1994 - June 1994)
Completed 3 months of house job in Department of Cardiology where I was posted in CCU, Cardiology OPD and ward.
G. L.N.J.P.N Hospital - Delhi
Internship (April 1993 - March 1994)
Twelve months rotational internship at L.N.J.P. Hospital in the in the department of Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Paediatrics, P.S.M, Orthopaedics, Opthalmology and E.N.T.
Awards & Honors (If any)
Combination of Pulmonary Artery Banding and Sildenafil can change the natural history of Early Eisenmenger VSD’s (One of the 3 finalist for Outstanding Investigator award at 17th Annual conference for Adult congenital Heart Diseases 2007 at Philadelphia held by Children hospital Philadelphia & Philadelphia adult CHD centre.
Pravin Saxena, Viresh Mahajan, Rajesh Sharma, Bishnu Panigrahi, Anil Bhan. Off pump BD Glenn: BIS correlation. Indian J CTVS : 23 : 2 ;2007
Mahajan V, Bhan A, Tomar M, Sharma R, Acharya P, Panigrihi B. Perventricular Device Closure of Mid-muscular Ventricular Septal Device on Beating Heart : Technical considerations. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. Pediatric and Adult interventional therapies for congenital and valvular heart deisease.68 (3): 458.
Mahajan V, Sharma R, Mishra S, Acharya P, Bazaz S, Sawhney A, Panigrihi P,
Bhan A. Balloon Dilatation of left bronchial stenosis by Fogarty catheter in a ventilator dependent post cardiac surgery patient. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions. Pediatric and Adult interventional therapies for congenital and valvular heart deisease.68 (3): 458.
Saxena P, Banerjee S, Mahajan V,Tomar M, Bhan A, Panigrahi B. hybrid Cardiac
Surgical Procedure: Technique and anaesthetic management. Annals of Cardiac
Anaesthesia 2006: 9 (2): 135-137
Mahajan V, Gupta P, Tandon O, Arrarwal A. Brainstem auditory evoked responses in term small for gestational age newborn infants born to undernourished mothers.Eur J Pediatr Neurol.2003: 7 (2).67-72.
7. Narang M, Dua T, Gomber S, Mahajan V. Cardiac syncope from occult transposition masquerading as convulsive epilepsy. Eur J Pediatr Neuorol 2005,9 (5): 361-2.
8. Gomber S, Mahajan V. Clinico-biochemical spectrum of hypokalemia . Indian Paediatrics.1999.36 (11): 1144-6.
9. Mahajan V, Shrivastava S. Echocardiographic evaluation of Acyanotic Congenital Heart Disease (The Journal of Indian Academy of Echocardiography- October, 2001 )
10. Mahajan V, Bhan A, Tomar M, Sharma R, Acharya P, Panigrihi B. Perventricular
Device Closure of Mid-muscular Ventricular Septal Device on Beating Heart : Technical considerations. PICS 2006 Las Vegas
11. Mahajan V, Sharma R, Mishra S, Acharya P, Bazaz S, Sawhney A, Panigrihi P, Bhan A. Balloon Dilatation of left bronchial stenosis by Fogarty catheter in a ventilator dependent post cardiac surgery patient. PICS 2006 Las Vegas
12. Transcatheter Closure of Multiple Ostium secundum with single Amplatzer’s ASD device (Conference held by European union of Pediatric Cardiology , Portugal , May 2002)
13. Closure of Large ASD ( > 20 mm) with Amplatzer’s ASD Device (Conference held by European union of Pediatric Cardiology , Portugal , May 2002)
14.Safety and efficacy of transcatheter closure versus minimally invasive surgery for ostium secundum ASD (Pediatric Interventional Cardiac Symposium September , 2002) – Moderated Poster Presentation
15. Percutaneous Closure of Paravalvular Leak across Mitral Valve ( Pediatric Interventional Cardiac Symposium September, 2002) – Poster Presentation
16. Mahajan V, Radhakrishnan S, Shrivastava S, Iyer KS. Impact of interventional PDA Closure with Device and Coils on conventional surgical ligation of PDA in the Post Rashkind’s Device era – A single institutional experience ( Award paper at 4TH annual Conference of PCSI)
17. Mahajan V, Shrivastava S. Echocardiographic Evaluation of Left to right shunts. Chapter in Textbook of Echocardiography by Dr PC Manoria
18. Mahajan V, Manaktala C. Chapter on “Pediatric cardiovascular disorders” in textbook Essential Pediatric nursing by Dr Piyush Gupta
19. Mahajan V. Acute Rheumatic Fever & Rheumatic heart diseases in textbook of Pediatrics by Dr KN Agarwal.
1. One of the Three Finalists for Outstanding Investigator Award for Presentation titled “Combination of Pulmonary Artery Banding and Sildenafil can change the natural history of Early Eisenmenger VSD’s” at 17th Annual conference for Adult congenital Heart Diseases 2007 at Philadelphia held by Children hospital Philadelphia & Philadelphia adult CHD centre.
2. Young Investigator Award – First Prize at the 1V TH Annual Conference of Pediatric Cardiac Society of India 2002 by panel of Judges including
Dr R Tandon . Former Head of Cardiology , AIIMS
Dr Shakeel Qureshi , Pediatric Interventional Cardiologist , Guy’s Hospital , London
3. Dr Christian Brizaard , Chief Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon , Royal Children,s Hospital, Melbourne
4. Dr Shumji Sano , Chief Pediatric Cardiac Surgeon , Oklahama University Hospital , Japan
5. Dr Ramesh Arora , Director of department of Cardiology , GB Pant Hospital, Delhi
I stood Third in the Neonatology Quiz organised by the National Neonatology Forum in the year 1997.